top of page


​Self Assessment

We have the expertise and software to take the headache out of the form filling and compliance aspect of Self Assessment. We can provide you with practical advice on personal tax and the planning opportunities available to you. Over recent years HMRC have increased the penalties for failing to file a return on time and for errors. We can complete tax returns, calculate any tax liability and advise you on exactly when to make payments and how much to pay.

Our Personal Accounting service involves collecting all the required information from and for you, performing the tax calculations and submitting the information online.

In the UK, Self Assessment Personal Tax return (or SA100) must be filed with HMRC by an individual in the following circumstances:

If you are a director of a limited company

If you have income where tax was not withheld at source e.g. rental income or capital gains on your savings and investments

Income Tax

Most employees pay tax under the PAYE system and are not required to file a tax return as the PAYE system operates to withhold the correct amount of tax from wages or salaries.

However, you will be required to make your Tax Return if you also run a business or are set up as a Sole Trader with the HMRC. Blythe & Co can advise you and provide a hassle-free, cost-effective service if you need to make a Tax Return.

Require more information?

If you would like more information or would like to speak to us direct then call us on 02086416666.

Or if you would prefer, ask us a question online.

bottom of page